Hey guys! Before my workout essentials roundup, I just wanted to say HAPPY TWO MONTH-IVERSARY TO THE SWIRL!! Gabby and I can’t believe that it’s been just 60 days since we created our blog, and we really want to thank you for taking the time to read our blog and offer feedback via social media! We can’t wait to see what the next months will bring.
Today, I decided to post a simple roundup of all my favorite workout essentials.
- Sweaty Bands – These are my FAVORITE headbands ever. My hair has absolutely no texture, but the velvety texture of the underside of these headbands helps them stay in place all day! I think between my sister and I, we own at least 8 of these awesome headbands.
- Nike Tempo Shorts (aka “Norts”) – Norts are basically a staple of every college girl’s wardrobe, and for good reason! These are by far my favorite workout shorts because they don’t ride up and they don’t chafe! And bonus, I pair them with my favorite t-shirts and pair of Birkenstocks for a lazy Saturday outfit.
- Target Sports Bras – You really can’t go wrong with Target sports bras. They come in so many fabulous colors with so many different support levels, and are inexpensive but well-made. Plus, why would you not want an excuse to browse Target?
- Brooks Glycerin running shoes – I’ve tried so many different brands of running shoes, and I found that Brooks are the perfect ones. They come with just enough cushion but aren’t too clunky, and are the only brand of shoes that don’t give me blisters when I run. While Brooks are my favorite, I would definitely recommend going to a running store near you to have them fit you for the perfect running shoe
- Paula’s Choice Oil Absorbing Sheets – These thin sheet are perfect for a quick post-workout face cleaning. I pat my face down before I leave the gym or right after a run so the excess oil doesn’t clog my skin (hello pimples!).
- Camelback Water Bottle – I love this model of Camelback because the bite valve makes it really easy to take swigs of water while you’re working out, versus having to unscrew a lid like a traditional water bottle. These water bottles are really durable, and the large size (a whole liter!) means that you’re not running over to the water fountain every two seconds.