This post contains a few affiliate links. This won’t change the price of the products; we’ll just make a few dollars from your purchase! Thanks for supporting The Swirl Blog.
In honor of me successfully getting through the first week of classes (hopefully), I figured I would share how I stayed calm during this high stress week! Every couple of months, I reach a point where I really feel like I have my life together. It’s usually at the beginning of every semester when everything is calm. The feeling vanishes so quickly after midterm week (I’m talking 3 tests, a paper, and 7 billion club meetings). In an effort to figure out how to keep that feeling alive for longer than syllabus week, I decided to make a list of all the things I tend to do that get me to that I’m-not-a-hot-mess-right-now feeling. Hopefully, I can keep it together and you can too!
1. Fill in your agenda for the upcoming month and week.
2. Check your bank account and make a budget.
3. Write down your weekly/monthly goals.
An easy way to keep your life together? Write down weekly and monthly goals! via @theswirlblog
4. Clean out your email inbox.
5. Find/make a new music playlist.
6. Paint your nails/get a mani-pedi.
7. Clear off your desk and vanity area.
8. Throw away your year old mascara & buy a new one.
9. Reload your Starbucks card.
11. Go to the gym.
12. Call your Mom, Dad, Siblings, BFF, etc.
13. Read a new book or theSkimm.
14. DIY SOMETHING CUTE.
15. Treat yourself for having it together.
It’s time to head back to class, and i always find it to be 100% better when i feel like i have it together! A fresh start means you need to detox your life. Get rid of the old and make space for the new! I hope this list helps you get a great start to your new school year!