This post contains a few affiliate links. This won’t change the price of the products; we’ll just make a few dollars from your purchase! Thanks for supporting The Swirl Blog.
In honor of me successfully getting through the first week of classes (hopefully), I figured I would share how I stayed calm during this high-stress week! Every couple of months, I reach a point where I really feel like I have my life together. It’s usually at the beginning of every semester when everything is calm. The feeling vanishes so quickly after midterm week (I’m talking 3 tests, a paper, and 7 billion club meetings). In an effort to figure out how to keep that feeling alive for longer than syllabus week, I decided to make a list of all the things I tend to do that get me to that I’m-not-a-hot-mess-right-now feeling. Hopefully, I can keep it together and you can too!
You can find part two of this blog post here.
1. Fill in your agenda for the upcoming month and week.
2. Check your bank account and make a budget.
3. Write down your weekly/monthly goals.
An easy way to keep your life together? Write down weekly and monthly goals! via @theswirlblog
4. Clean out your email inbox.
5. Find/make a new music playlist.
6. Paint your nails/get a mani-pedi.
7. Clear off your desk and vanity area.
8. Throw away your year old mascara & buy a new one.
9. Reload your Starbucks card.
11. Go to the gym.
12. Call your Mom, Dad, Siblings, BFF, etc.
13. Read a new book or theSkimm.
14. DIY SOMETHING CUTE.
15. Treat yourself for having it together.
16. Check out 15 more ways to get your life together here.
It’s time to head back to class, and i always find it to be 100% better when i feel like i have it together! A fresh start means you need to detox your life. Get rid of the old and make space for the new! I hope this list helps you get a great start to your new school year!