I don’t know about you, but when I’m feeling stressed, I’m always in the mood for three things:
Luckily, my favorite show can be streamed on Netflix – all four seasons, too! Literally, my semester wouldn’t be complete without my #Olitz and the occasional Jake cameo. I could rant all day about how much I love Scandal, but that’s not the point of this post at all.
So, chocolate is the literal cure for exhaustion (PubMed?) and makes a
good tasty snack to sneak in between all my exams and questioning life. I decided that I needed a pick me up and so I bring to The Swirl and all of our beautiful readers, my fabulous creation: O. M. G. Brownies—because frankly, they’re just that good.
So, if you really are just tired of feeling down about the Inorganic Chemistry exam you kind of bombed (Sorry, Mom) or you’re starting your diet tomorrow for the 15th time, keep reading to learn how to make these criminally delicious treats!
- Oreos—(I used double stuff because why not?)
- Cookie Dough—(Let’s be real, college students just use Pillsbury.)
- Brownie Mix (Chocolate, Double Chocolate, Caramel, the list goes on…)
- 2 Cupcake Pans (Big enough for 12 is good!)
- First, you’ll want to start with the brownie batter. It’s the base for this brownie with a twist! My favorite box mix is the Milk Chocolate Brownies by Duncan Hines. These are great for dorm cooking and are super easy to make. Feel free to use your favorite “from scratch” brownie recipe if you’re feeling risky!
- Next, I placed the cookie dough in the cupcake pan! I used a roll of Pillsbury cookie dough when I did this, but I was thinking about it, and it would have been a lot smarter to pick up packs of jumbo sized pre-cut cookie dough squares—especially for dorm assembly. Whatever, you decide, make sure you spray the pan with some vegetable oil spray first, and then press cookie dough about 1/5 inch deep in the pan!
- After, you’ve done that– (Congrats because that is the hardest step!) – place an Oreo in each cupcake pit. Pour about a ¼ cup of brownie mix in each pit, making sure to not overflow!
- Place the bad boys in the oven for about 15-20 minutes and enjoy!
If you tried these delicious treats, let me know in the comments below! Feel free to send me modifications or pictures, I love hearing from you! Pin for later using the image below! Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook @theswirlblog!