Hey everyone! My name is Gabby and I’m a junior at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and most days I’m majoring in biochemistry with a minor in biology. Here are some things you should know about me:
- Brunch, Birks, and Nonfat, No Whip Iced White Mochas give me life.
- Currently fangirling over New Girl, Reign, and Jane the Virgin (#TeamRafael) and I’m always up for binge watching any old CW show on Netflix.
- Love my Carolina athletics and my goal is to attend the Duke v. UNC game every year.
- I spend a lot of time listening to new music and some of my favorite artists are Beyoncé, Tori Kelly, and JBiebs.
- I used to make Youtube videos on beauty and fashion. I’d love to get back to that someday!
- Although, this blog may make it seem like I have my life together all the time, that couldn’t be farther from the truth. I’ve had my fair share of break downs and that’s okay.
Blogging is something that I’ve always wanted to do and now I get to team up with one of my closest friends to bring you the best of our baking adventures and share with you some of my own experiences. You’ll find my posts can range from How I Strive to Be Like Queen B to how I decorate my dorm room. Enjoy!
Check out all my posts here!
Hey y’all! I’m Hannah. Here are 6 things you should know about me:
- I’m a junior studying Chemical Engineering (with a minor in coffee consumption) at the University of Notre Dame – Go Irish!
- Justin Timberlake is my one true love
- I watch Parks & Rec, Bob’s Burgers, and New Girl on Netflix whenever I need a good laugh (#TreatYoSelf, amiright?)
- My dream is to run a Disney Half-Marathon
- “You’re never fully dressed without a monogram” is my life motto
- My favorite food is cereal and you can often catch me eating multiple bowls a day (Lucky Charms is a go-to)
I’m so excited about contributing to The Swirl with Gabby! I’ve never done a blog before, but I hope that it will be a really fun place to share my thoughts, college tips, and of course my baking adventures with one of my closest friends!
Check out all my posts here!
Q: What does The Swirl mean?
A: Well, we initially started our blog as a place to document and talk about our baking adventures. So, like the swirl on a cupcake… our blog is a pretty mixture of our college experiences, craziness with baking recipes, and just whatever comes to our brains. Also, Schmidt from New Girl uses “the swirl” metaphor to describe the relationship between him and Winston! We love that show and felt like that particular moment pretty much described our friendship, so we stuck with it!
Q: What do you blog about?
A: College, baking, and anything we think would be interesting to read! I, Gabby, really love writing college advice pieces so you’ll see a lot of that especially when move in and application season rolls around!
Q: I love your blog and I want more of The Swirl! What can I do?
A:Thank you so much! Love you too 🙂 You can follow us on our various social media! G posts to Instagram daily and I, Hannah, love to pin to our style, quotes, and college boards! We’re also pretty active on Twitter and Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!! @theswirlblog
Q: I have my own blog and would love to be featured on The Swirl, do you accept guest posts?
A: Unfortunately, we are not accepting guest posts at the moment!
College (or college-aged *17-26*) are eligible to join our #TCBI group board! Head over to our Pinterest account for more information on how to join!